One of the best features about Monon Place Apartments is the location. You have direct access to Kessler Boulevard, College Avenue, and Keystone Parkway, which all conveniently take you downtown. You’re also just minutes from Broad Ripple Village, a hidden gem of Indy that’s full of bars, restaurants, attractions and entertainment.
When we say ‘restaurants’ we actually mean some of the best food places in the Hoosier state. You can get anything from a simple slice of pizza to authentic Cajun food, and the possibilities are endless. Here are some of our favorite places to dine at in the area:
- Yats: This casual New Orleans style joint offers Cajun creole food at its finest. With locations throughout Indy, you can find their headquarters off College Avenue and 54th Street. They have a rotating menu that changes every day with indoor and outdoor seating.
- Aristocrat Pub & Restaurant: This isn’t just your typical pub in Broad Ripple. The building from 1933 has been restored and now has 60 beers on tap with vintage finds as decor. Enjoy Sunday brunch or just a casual beer on their expansive patio too.
- Flatwater: Live music always gets us and Flatwater never disappoints. With a Bloody Mary bar on Sundays and delicious food options every day, you can easily find yourself loosing track of time here.
- 317 Burger: The name says it all, Indiana and burgers. Take your choice of beef patty, chicken, black bean and veggie options with some of the best tater tots in town.
- Brugge Brasserie: Known mostly for their mussels, this hidden location right off the Monon Trail has some of the best and largest fries in Broad Ripple! Take your pick of over nine different dipping sauces including homemade ketchup and aioli.
- Diavola: Located off 54th Street in a strip mall by the Monon Trail lies some of the most delicious wood-fired pizza in Indy! Their ingredients are unique and different when compared to other pizza places in Indy. Plus, they always have a special of some sort happening.
- La Piedad: If you’ve been to Broad Ripple, you’ve heard someone rave about this Mexican restaurant that’s tucked behind the strip, but right off the Trail. The family-owned establishment has great service and food to match.
These are just a FEW of our favorite restaurants in Broad Ripple, but we want to hear from you! Where can we find you dinning on a warm summer afternoon? What’s your favorite place to meet friends for drinks after work? Let us know and maybe we’ll add it to the list! Until then, take a tour of one of our Monon Communities so you can live close to these food options and more.